- Turkey - 1
- Shelled walnuts - 200 g
- Egg yolks - 3
- Onions - 5
- Wine vinegar, cinnamon, cloves, chili and black pepper, saffron, garlic, cilantro, salt - to taste
- Cook trimmed and washed whole turkey in a pot of boiling water until half-done, remove from the broth, season with salt, set it on a spit, and cook over glowing coals constantly turning, and basting with walnut oil from time to time.
- Thoroughly crush shelled walnuts with garlic, salt, and chili pepper and squeeze walnut oil (which is used to baste the bird) from this mixture.
- Add finely chopped cilantro, crushed coriander seeds, crumbled saffron, ground cinnamon and cloves, ground black pepper, onions passed through a meat grinder, and wine vinegar to the walnut mixture. Put everything into a clean pot together with turkey broth and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Bean egg yolks with a small quantity of the sauce, then gradually pour it into the pot with the sauce stirring all the time. Remove from heat.
- Cut roasted turkey into serving pieces, put into a serving bowl, top with hot satsivi, and drizzle with remaining walnut oil. Let the dish cool before serving.